When You Are Hurt In An Accident, And The Other Driver Has No Insurance

How many drivers on the road today carry no insurance? According to the Insurance Research Council, that describes 14 percent of the driver population. These drivers are gamblers, betting they will not injure or kill anyone — but the risk is more on you than on them.

You may be aware that there is a solution to this problem — UM (uninsured motorist) coverage, which is probably part of your auto insurance policy. (If it isn't, it should be. The cost is low, and the protection is critical.)

With UM coverage, you file a claim against your OWN car insurance carrier for costs associated with your injury — medical costs, lost pay and emotional suffering brought on by the injury.

So Why Don't I Just Get Compensation Myself?

The reason is that insurance companies don't like paying out injury claims — even to their own injured customers. They will delay, they will discount the seriousness of the injury, and they will try to buy you off a dime on the dollar for your pain.

You will probably need to fight your own insurance carrier, and for that, you need a lawyer experienced in this kind of fight.

Casale & Bonner, P.C., serving Williamsport, Pennsylvania, and Lycoming County, is accustomed to these kinds of cases, and we know the tricks your insurance carrier will play to deny full compensation. Trust us to show that your injuries are real and that your claim is to be taken seriously.

To discuss the details of your car accident, call 570-326-7044 for a free consultation. Because we earn pay on a contingency basis, you never need to write us a check. Our attorneys get paid when we succeed for you.

Call or write us briefly about your accident.